Wednesday 23 November 2016

WHAT CAN ISLAM DO FOR YOU? PART 4

This is the fourth of the five-part series regarding what Islam can do for you. Some people think that Islam is a panecea for all life’s problems, saving people from death or making them perfect angels BUT the truth is Islam is far above all that. This Friday we are going to look at what others said what Islam actually did for them and this world!

"Now I realize I can get in direct contact with God, unlike Christianity or any other religion.  As one Hindu lady told me, “You don’t understand the Hindus.  We believe in one God; we use these objects (idols) to merely concentrate.”  What she was saying was that in order to reach God, one has to create associates, that are idols for the purpose.  But Islam removes all these barriers.  The only thing that moves the believers from the disbelievers is the salat (prayer).  This is the process of purification." -- Yusuf Islam ( formerly known as Cat Steven ).

"So the hypocrisy of American society came to surface and lay uncovered before me.  Islam unknotted many complications for me.  As a matter of fact, I came to think of myself as a complete human being, in the literal sense of the word.  After becoming Muslim, I felt a tremendous change in me." -- Jermaine Jackson.  

"There were tens of thousands of pilgrims, from all over the world.  They were of all colors, from blue-eyed blonds to black-skinned Africans.  But we were all participating in the same ritual displaying a spirit of unity and brotherhood that my experiences in America had led me to believe never could exist between the white and the non-white...  America needs to understand Islam, because this is the one religion that erases from its society the race problem.  Throughout my travels in the Muslim world, I have met, talked to, and even eaten with people who in America would have been considered white - but the white attitude was removed from their minds by the religion of Islam.  I have never before seen sincere and true brotherhood practiced by all colors together, irrespecitve of their color." -- Macolm X.

"Since then I have lived a Muslim life in theory and practice to the extent of my ability.  The power and wisdom and mercy of God are boundless.  The fields of knowledge stretch out ever before us beyond the horizon.  In our pilgrimage through life, I feel assured that the only befitting garment we can wear is submission, and upon our heads the headgear of praise, and in our hearts love of the One Supreme.  “Wal-Hamdu lil’ Lahi Rabbi ‘l-’Alameen (Praise be to God, the Lord of all the worlds.” --William Burchell Bashyr Pickard, poet and novelist, UK.

"The universal brotherhood of Islam, regardless of race, politics, color or country, has been brought home to me most keenly many times in my life and this is another feature which drew me towards the Faith." --
Colonel Donald S. Rockwell, poet and critic, USA.

“Math is logical.  It consists of using facts and figures to find concrete answers. That is the way my mind works, and it is frustrating when I deal with things that do not have concrete answers.  Having a mind that accepts ideas on their factual merit makes believing in a religion difficult because most religions require acceptance by faith.  Islam appeals to man’s reasoning." -- Jeffrey Lang, professor of mathematics and writer, USA

"I could not have drawn up a list of demands, but I had a fair idea of what I was after.  The religion I wanted should be to metaphysics as metaphysics is to science.  It would not be confined by a narrow rationalism or traffic in mystery to please its priests.  There would be no priests, no separation between nature and things sacred." -- Michael Wolfe, journalist, USA.

"After all, it was a matter of love; and love is composed of many things; of our desires and our loneliness, of our high aims and our shortcomings, of our strength and our weakness. So it was in my case. Islam came over me like a robber who enters a house by night; but, unlike a robber, it entered to remain for good." -- Leopold Weiss, statesman and journalist, Austria.

Peace be upon those who follow the truth.


















No comments:

Post a Comment